German Regional Division Promotion

It's supposed to be two but for some reason the game doesn't let you know by colouring the top 2 and bottom 4 positions. The top position is coloured to indicate the champion and I suspect this is why you thought only 1 gets promoted.

FM returner is right about the B teams, though I'm not 100% sure that it occurs in FM.

It's bizarre, according to Wikipedia:

Level IV: Regionalliga

The Regionalliga is the fourth highest level in the German football league system and is operated by the German Football Association (Deutscher Fußball Bund - DFB). 54 semi-professional teams in 3 regional groups of 18 teams each (North, West, South) compete in a round-robin home and away 34 game season. The champions of each of the 3 groups the end of the season are automatically promoted to 3rd Liga. The teams ranked 15th to 18th in the North and 16th to 18th in the West and South Regionalliga at the end of the season are automatically relegated to Oberliga.

So only one team promoted. Only the top bar was coloured on the league table so I presumed only 1 team got promoted. Yet I came 4th with Magdeburg in German Regional Division North and got promoted to Division 3.

Archived