Three months with a scandinavian blonde?

To keep those amsued who fancy a challenge until FM09 comes out in a couple of months...

Inspired by

When the draw for the Champions League group stages was drawn last month, I was left scratching my head as a number of names were pulled out of the hat - Bate Borisov, Anorthosis Famagusta and Aalborg. Even in the context of fourth seeds, not exactly household names are they?

However seeing this minnows gain access into the “Worlds Greatest Cup Competition” (Copyright Sky – tw*ts!) made me load up Football Manager in search of more information on these badboys. Alas, there is no Belarusian league playable so managing Bate Borisov was off the cards, same story with Anorthosis Famagusta as Cyprus in unplayable.

No points for guessing that leaves Aalborg Boldspilklub. But whilst certainly no super force in Europe, they are relatively big hitters in their homeland of Denmark. So in their honour, the question is, can Scandinavia rule the continent again?

The Aim

To take a small club from the lowest division playable in one of the Scandinavian nations (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden) to a domestic title win and Champions League glory.

The Rules

Load a game with the one or all four of the Scandinavian leagues only, with the league you are planning to play in to its lowest possible division, a large database (or smaller if preferred) and the attribute masking and the transfer boxes ticked. Whichever league you go for select the option for a 2007 start. No additional players from any nation should be loaded. It should look like this - http://img389.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scandahl3.jpg

The extra levels of detail that you can change while in the game are up to you, as they shouldn't make a difference.

When you take control, the options are up to you but 'past experience' must be set to the lowest possible which is 'Sunday league footballer'. I understand that choosing different nationalities may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this. I would expect people to use their own true nationalities.

Note – The club you take over must have a stadium capacity of under 2,500 to make it difficult and annoying for you later on in the challenge, ha! Obviously certain leagues will give you more choice with this than others with Sweden being the most viable.

Any questions, just ask.

uh, the Belarus league is playable.

So it is, taxi for me!

This sounds like Gundo's, maybe you would like to try that out :)

Suppose it is similar but the major difference would be in Gundo's you advance a year (I think?) and takeover a club with no players and can build a brand new squad.

This way you'd have a full squad and just tweak with one or two additions, might not be up some people's streets I appreciate.

Archived