Making Money for a Promoted Team?

I used to be able to schedule lots of friendlies with 'big' teams in the off-season and rake in some cash that way. That worked a charm in FM06, and 07 to a degree. But now it seems I don't make quite so hefty a profit from those games. I realize that that was an exploit, but I liked it: halfway between 'earning' the money and fully cheating, it reduced the morale of my players and often cost me injuries, but the payoff was great.

I'm still able to buff up the price of my players and sell them off, but this isn't really enough as my team gets promoted.

Does anyone have any tricks or secrets for making gobs of cash with tiny teams?

My team, "Spartak-S '94 (Plovdiv)" has a stadium capacity of only 5000, and while I'm sure to expand that now that I've been promoted and it is full all the time, in the interim the gate receipts barely cover the match day expenses!

Thanks in advance.

Yeah Ryan. I didn't at first, but as I had success I had more fans show up. I think my early attendances were ~ 800 to 1000 or so. So the Bulgarian B leagues are not extremely lower league teams, but they are still dirt poor.

Archived