Football Manager 2008 HELP! for PSP handheld...

• 3 months later...

hi everyone. i seem to be stuck and probably will look like an idiot! i have read and re-read the manual, but i cant figure out my problem. i have a goalkeeper on loan to another club. the loan contract date has ended, but i cant seem to recall him to my squad. so, how do i recall a player back? i have offered him a new contract and he has signed it so...? the only thing i can think of is if there is a limit placed on goalkeepers in your squad. i have my number 1, and 2 more 16 year old GKs, but i need to recall back the one on loan to be my number 2. i have analysed all the screens and options to no avail. can anyone help? apologies in advance for sounding dumb!:confused:

You've said that the loan contract has ended but he didn't come back automatically. Could you of had a full squad of 36 when he should of come back? If not, then imo stumped. If so, it may be a bug. I've never experienced this.

BTW, welcome to the forums!

This is a common problem on FMH2008 as I have found out with Neil Kilkenny and others... I think this applies to all players on loan:

Neil Kilkenny's loan ended in June/July 2008 but as this loan happened before you become a manager the loan will not end when it says and ends at the end of the season.

What, so any player no loan at the start of the game, as in preset never returns to the team? In that case, mebobster, you should release the player in questino and try to resign them.

Well, I ain't 100% certain this happens to EVERY player but it has happened with all the players I've encountered. The players do return, Neil Kilkenney for example, came back at the end of the 2007/2008 season.

What you should do is look at Neil Kilkenny (on the original database, no updates) and see what club he is at (and the dates of his loan). Become manager of the club and then when the day comes 'round he doesn't come back. He does come back at the end of the season.

this is a bug you any player that goes out on loan stays there for the season. You cant release them as there is no option to release a player while he is out on loan.

Best thing you can do is to try and get a GK on loan to be your no.2

So, as a tester, do you have to play the game through all 30 seasons? And do you have to do 30 seasons in each of the versions? Eg, Beta 1, Beta 2 etc.

Archived