Help! How can I use downloaded skins with my Mac?

offleyhornet

Alright lads. I would be very grateful if someone could help me. I have downloaded 2 skins for FM 08, I have used the Stuffit Expander and I am on a MAC (don't want to confuse you PC users!).

There is one skins folder and I have tried putting the downloaded file into the 'skins' folder but no success!

Does anyone else know how to use downloaded skins with Mac???

First thing to do once you have extracted the skins (I assume Stuffit Expander is a MAC version of Winzip/Winrar?), make sure you haven't created an extra folder - when you open the folder for the skin you downloaded, there should be several folders and an xml file with the same name of the skin. If you get a second folder with the skins name, you'll need to drag the folder and its contents out of the parent folder.

According to the SIBase Article On a MAC your User Data folder is located at:

/Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/ (where <username> is your account name for your MAC.

Inside the above location create a folder called skins if one doesn't exist, then copy the folder for your downloaded skin into the skins folder.

Now load the game up and goto the preferences -> Display & Sound menu and select your new skin from the dropdown menu and click confirm and your skin should load, if the skin is not in the dropdown menu, untick use Skin Cache, select another skin and press confirm, then go back to the preferences menu and the new skin should be in the drop down menu.

Archived