Tutoring Neymar to become a great tutor (Driven, determination 20)

On all my recent FM saves I have ended up buying Neymar. Bit boring maybe, but he's always worth it and you can always sell him. I always teach him to 'place shots', 'round keeper', 'play one-two's' and he scores loads of goals in any competition.

I like to play long running careers with a club where your initial talents become the tutors of the new talents.

K. Babacar (Personality: Professional, Determination 19) will already become a great tutor, but Neymar (Personality: Fairly determined, Determination 16) will not make for a great tutor. Yet.

On my latest Barca tutoring experiment save I bought Neymar and then v. Nisterlrooy (Determined, 19) and I. Olic (Professional, 20) to tutor him. First I had Neymar train for an PPM and v. Nistelrooy tutor him. When Neymar's personality was 'Determined' and determination was 17 or 18, I cancelled tutoring and had him be tutored by Olic.

In Februari, just before tutoring was finished, Neymar's determination was up to 20 and his personality had changed to 'Driven'. Now I guess he will make for a great tutor. In five years.

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p517/JLdeWeers/FM2011%20Tutoring/NeymarDetermination20.png

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p517/JLdeWeers/FM2011%20Tutoring/NeymarDriven.png

His Media Handling Style shows that he isn't really that great a tutor. Driven shows that his Determination is very high, and that his ambition isn't too low. However Outspoken means that he's controversial, and he's likely to be slightly lacking in either temperament or pressure. Evasive or Unflappable for media handling style make for the very best tutors.

His Media Handling Style shows that he isn't really that great a tutor. Driven shows that his Determination is very high, and that his ambition isn't too low. However Outspoken means that he's controversial, and he's likely to be slightly lacking in either temperament or pressure. Evasive or Unflappable for media handling style make for the very best tutors.

You are absolutely right. I disregarded the hidden attributes, so he would not have made a great tutor (Outspoken). In my second attempt to try and tutor Neymar to be professional I've now gotten as far as Driven and Evasive, by tutoring him by Kuyt (Professional, determination 18) and then Olic (Professional, determination 20). Still hoping I could tutor him to be professional though.

Neymar Driven and Evasive;

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p517/JLdeWeers/FM2011%20Tutoring/NeymarDrivenEvasive.png

I bought Neymar for 27M, Kuyt for 13M and Olic for 10M so tutoring Neymar this way cost 50M in transfer fees for any club that could buy them. I started tutoring Neymar by Kuyt and cancelled it when determination was up to 18 (level headed) and switched to tutor him by Olic, this because if Kuyt's tutoring would finish, Neymar's reputation would probably be too high.

I guess you could substitute Kuyt for any 18 or higher for determination striker with a good Media Handling Stlyle, but you need Olic to get the determination up to 20.

I bought Neymar for 27M, Kuyt for 13M and Olic for 10M so tutoring Neymar this way cost 60M in transfer fees for any club that could buy them. I started tutoring Neymar by Kuyt and cancelled it when determination was up to 18 (level headed) and switched to tutor him by Olic, this because if Kuyt's tutoring would finish, Neymar's reputation would probably be too high.

It's not as bad as that, unless you doled out 10M in bungs. 27+13+10=50. :)

Archived