GK training deterioration problem, FM12

Hey guys, new to the forum but a longtime veteran of Football Manager. This is the first time I've ever needed to post to check for advice, but I am currently in the 2018/2019 season managing Newcastle. I've managed to build them up, over time, into a top European team made up of good regens and current players. One of my players is David De Gea who has been top quality for me since I signed him about 3 seasons ago. However recently his stats have just started to deteriorate out of the blue despite decent performances, top training facilities, coaches and a good training schedule. Not to mention he's had no injuries, so has not spent any time out of the game. He's roughly dropped about 2 points in each stat since the season started and I can't put my finger on it.

Currently he's the only goalkeeper I've had in any game, ever, who has started to deteriorate stats at what should be the peak of his career without some factor such as injury or old age. My other goalkeepers haven't shown this meaning that my schedule isn't likely to be the problem; in fact they tend to show signs of improvement and I have a good youth player coming through who was going to replace him in the long term who is starting to catch up to DDG in stats.

I'm on the most recent update, 12.3 I think, if that helps. Has anyone noticed this bug/problem/whatever it is?

I doubt that this could cause such a massive drop in attributes, but is he unhappy with anything or have the coaches mentioned his attitude worsening?

If you managed to get some screenshots (alt + F9 and upload what appears in the FM12 screenshots folder to imageshack or photobucket) of his attributes, personal page, training page (schedule and attribute development) then some light may be shed on what the problem is.

Players may appear to be deteriorating when their attributes are being redistributed. This typically causes green arrows on a few attributes with orange arrows on most of the remaining. It doesn't mean the player is getting worse, just that his attributes shift according to his training schedule.

Archived