Adding a new International Manager

On the 'Choose team to manage' screen when adding a new manager, there are only a limited amount of options when it comes to International Management - although it is surely possible to manage teams who aren't showing up.

I know in previous versions at this stage you can search for any club/county and right click their name with the option to take over as manager, but it seems not in this version. What am I missing? I'm sure it's probably very simple as I've had a fair bit to drink. (I double checked by attempting to take over England, without using the 'pick a team' part of 'choose a team to manage'...and there is no option to do so).

I assume this is impossible then? In former games you could add yourself as manager to a club/country by looking at their screen and a 'take control' button would be there. Is it hidden away somewhere I can't find or not?

If the option to take control of a country is not coming up then the country in question doesn't have enough players. If there is a particular country you want to manage then load all players from that country when setting up the game.

Archived