New User/Fan here. Some Questions (Cups and Relegations)

This game is amazing. I love how indepth it is and detailed. I am coming over from Eastside Hockey Manager. It's a very good game but FM is in a whole other world.

Anyways, I am just starting to get into soccer/football. This game is making me appreciate it more and also understand it better. I am a big time franchise/dynasty/GM type of guy. But never had a game like this.

I wanted to take a team from the lowest division possible and get them promoted into one of the top league in the world...La Liga. So, I started with Burgos. still on my first season.

I know in this game you can get promoted and relegated like in real life. But since this is the lowest playable league, is it still possible for my team or any team in the 2nd division to get relegated? If thats the case, do those un playable pro and semi pro teams in even lower divisions get promoted?

Also, I am still a bit confused about the cups/tourneys

I know that the world cup is the biggest. Always knew that. Is the Euro cup the next biggest? bigger than the olympics? What other national team cups are there?

Also, is the only difference between the Euro cup and UEFA champions league is that one is played by individual clubs within europe and the other is played by national teams in europe?

Like I said, I am playing with Burgos of the 2nd Division B2 in Spain. I have qualifying for the Spanish Federation Cup. Is that a big event? or more so like a small tournement for small division spanish teams?

I know this is a lot lol but I appreciate you helping.

Welcome to the forums and to answer your questions, yes you can get your team relegated to a non playable league which means you would get auto sacked, teams can get promoted back from non playable to playable leagues but this seems to happen quite randomly and it's by no means certain that your old team would get straight back up first time.

The Champions league and the Europa league are both participated in by club teams and qualification is in broad terms determined by domestic league final positions and UEFA co-efficients.

The biggest diffirences between these comps in terms of FM are prize money and your club reputation increase which are both higher for doing well in the Champions league rather than the Euro.

The Biggest trophy after the world cup would probably be the European Championships then Champions league, then Europa league but I haven't really looked into that much in terms of prize money, manager rep and club/nation rep increase so not entirely sure.

As for your last question regarding the Spanish Federation cup, I don't often manage in Spain and generally it's only the big established top devision clubs when I do but I tend to look at it as any silverware is likely to enhance the reputation of yourself as a manager, your club and will help to keep morale in your squad high which is one of the most important aspects of your job as a manager in FM, so I always put out the strongest team possible, try to win every game and gather as much silverware as possible regardless of it being considered major or minor.

Hope some of that proves useful and if you have further questions don't be afraid to ask, there are a lot of knowledgeable people around on here who'll be happy to lend a hand when needed.

Normal national teams don't play in the olympics, so it's only world and euro cups.

Champions league and europa league are the only continental cups for club teams, the champions league being the biggest.

I do believe top leagues like the english premier league is rated higher than the euro league though... There's a page in fm where you can see all the competitions listed by reputation(how big it is) thiugh.

Thanks for the help.

So for national teams..World cup, Euro Cup and Olympics are the biggest?

And for club teams (Europe)...its Champions League and Europa?

No probs, as far as I can tell from my own experiences with the game the way you have it is about right yes.:thup:

Archived