The real life future of England?

While watching the Euro's, wondering who will be our top players come 2/4/6 years time.

Also manager of Spurs and England on my save.

I was trying to go youth and current young players in 2015. I couldn't win!

So I bought back a 36 year old Lampard in CM, a 34 year old Gerrard in AMC position and a 34 year old Terry in defence and Captain for his 100th cap.

And they are smashing it.

So is this the reality for England? Yeah all the golden generation etc etc. But without any of them, do we have no born leaders?

I even had Parker in the squad non stop, Ledley King (as he's not as crocked in real life), Michael Dawson, Wayne Rooney. Still nowt.

Should be a strong core in theory.

Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley are the five from Man Utd who I think will all lead the line for England for a long while in the future. They all turn out to be very good in game too so, heh. (and yes I know Rooney's been established for yonks now =p)

Joe Hart should be there for ages, he's still young. I think it's the midfield/wide players who we seem to be lacking in players for the future, at least players who really stand out. But I'm sure someone will rise to the occassion and there's always Micah Richards =p

This isn't really the place to be honest, there is some discussion here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/218790-England-The-Road-to-2012-%28not-featuring-Wayne-Rooney%29%28much%29

Or you can feel free to start a thread in the Football Forum :) You might find more discussion if you wait until England are knocked out of the Euros.

I reckon Terry and Gerrard will retire after this tournament and won't be missed. Lampard might be missed when he goes because we don't have a consistent goalscoring midfielder of his calibre waiting to step up, but I think he'll stick around until he retires outright.

Archived