any advice for a player new to 2012 for managing gillingham...

Hi,

sorry if this is the wrong section, please move if appropriate. I haven't played fm for a couple of years but have just ordered 2012. From my experience si always used to set gillingham team expectation status ludicrous high essentially demanding promotion whilst giving the players shocking stats, one year our leading striker gary mulligan had a finishing of 5! :eek:

So i thought it would be helpful to do a bit of research so I don't get fired within a few months.

Firstly can anyone recommend any good free agents or easy transfers for league 2 sides at game start, for example in 2008 I would almost always pick up malcolm christie on a free transfer, just wondered if anyone knew of similar quality free agents in 2012.

Also tactics for league 2? I read that crossing seems to be a bit broken to some people but counter-responses are it's not good enough players doing the crossing, does this make any crossing, or width focussed tactics fail miserably? Does anyone have any links to tactics or threads about them that could work well at this level provided I find the right type of players to carry them out, I know there's lots of tactics threads I can search through but it seems that a tactic that works great for barcelona probably won't have the same effect for gillingham.

many thanks and wish me luck :D

For advice on players look in the Good Player & Team Guide forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/21-Good-Player-amp-Team-Guide

For advice with tactics look in the Tactics & Training forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/18-Tactics-amp-Training-Discussion

I would also encourage you to use your scouts to find players, use your own judgement as to who to sign after reading the scouting reports. As for tactics take a look at your players and try to build a tactic that suits them, once you have a basic template load it up and plenty of people will give you their opinions.

Archived