Derail a rival for league title

I'm currently managing Spurs. First two season won the league, I know no big deal. Eighteen games into the third season Newcastle are 14 points clear sitting top of the league. Demba ba has been prolific providing the vast majority of Newcastle's goals. My bank balance is good as I like to concentrate on developing youth. So im thinking of buying him just to derail them and drop points. What are your opinions and has anyone taken a drastic measure similar to this?

I'm currently managing Spurs. First two season won the league, I know no big deal. Eighteen games into the third season Newcastle are 14 points clear sitting top of the league. Demba ba has been prolific providing the vast majority of Newcastle's goals. My bank balance is good as I like to concentrate on developing youth. So im thinking of buying him just to derail them and drop points. What are your opinions and has anyone taken a drastic measure similar to this?

Nope, his value would put me off, I would buy someone better who is cheaper and more unknown and basically just get the players ready for next season OR

massively improve the squad and hope to win every game to catch up

Archived