The equaliser

Ok, I am just expressing some relief at the minute. League Cup final against Arsenal, the team(Everton) are playing an altogether average game. First half it is all sqaure. The shots from both teams are quite poor. Second half is much the same, at the 75 minute mark my thoughts are going into extra time. Then comes the set piece at 76:28 and Arsenal score via a corner, Ayew heads it in, and hey, his first goal of the season :mad:

Arsenal then switch from a 4-3-3 to a 4-5-1 to clog the midfield for the last 12 or so minutes, and I hate that formation I never do well against it.

I make my final subs in the hopes I may get something, tell them to boot it long, but as the clock winds down it is looking quite grim. Now I am mildly fuming, not at losing, but the fact we are playing so damn average. At 90 minutes Balzaretti chops down my striker just on the edge of the box and gets a straight red, I was praying on the free kick, but it was missed. 4 minutes of extra time and Arsenal slow everything up, and play a 4-4-1. Thinking post match press conference, board disappointment, any player I want to yell at in particular....

Then the unbelievable, a couple of deft passes through the midfield and nice through ball into the box, and my sub winger puts it in the back of the net, at 93.54.

Stand up if you love the blues,

Stand up if you love the blues....

So with all of 6 seconds remaining it is now 1-1.

The Gunners supporters thought they had it won

image.gifimage.gifimage.gif

You're not singing,

You're not singing,

You're not singing anymore,

You're not singing anymore...

Archived