The PSV turnaround

First post guys so take it easy! icon_cool.gif

I took over at PSV after being sacked at Everton. I joined only to find that my main objective was to stabalise the financial situation. The situation was this;

-17.5 million balance

-90k P/W wage budget where i was spending 250k

I thought i might aswell try to sort it out and i did by;

Trimmed the staff so i had 3 1st team coaches, 2 youth coaches, 2 scouts, 2 Physios.

Luckily i had a lot of good players so i sold off some off the most wanted; such as Xabi Prieto - 9m, Nigel De Jong - 5m etc.

I managed to get the club back to black, and adjusted the budgets to increase my wage budget so i could strengthen the club through free transfers and bosmans.

Once the club was making profit every month which wasnt long, i requested some transer funds which they rejected and they also rejected my appeal to give me some more wage budget. Then when the season started they expected me to challenge for the title. I got lambasted for not bringing in good transfers?! Wha annoys me is that the financial aspect which has been developed over the past few FM's is still very infantile. No-one recognised that i had saved the club from financial ruin and managed to take them into europe?! I got sacked at the end of the season too! I wish i hadnt bothered now........

First post guys so take it easy! icon_cool.gif

I took over at PSV after being sacked at Everton. I joined only to find that my main objective was to stabalise the financial situation. The situation was this;

-17.5 million balance

-90k P/W wage budget where i was spending 250k

I thought i might aswell try to sort it out and i did by;

Trimmed the staff so i had 3 1st team coaches, 2 youth coaches, 2 scouts, 2 Physios.

Luckily i had a lot of good players so i sold off some off the most wanted; such as Xabi Prieto - 9m, Nigel De Jong - 5m etc.

I managed to get the club back to black, and adjusted the budgets to increase my wage budget so i could strengthen the club through free transfers and bosmans.

Once the club was making profit every month which wasnt long, i requested some transer funds which they rejected and they also rejected my appeal to give me some more wage budget. Then when the season started they expected me to challenge for the title. I got lambasted for not bringing in good transfers?! Wha annoys me is that the financial aspect which has been developed over the past few FM's is still very infantile. No-one recognised that i had saved the club from financial ruin and managed to take them into europe?! I got sacked at the end of the season too! I wish i hadnt bothered now........

Finance in FM does need a lot of work. I'm also fed up with being put in charge of finances and getting the credit when it's good and taking the beating when it's bad, considering other than player purchases and sales I have no input in it whatsoever.

It whould be left to the board and removed from the confidence meter. I don't want more input into the financial runnings of the club and similarly I don't want to take the blame for it when it goes wrong. No manager IRL would.

Archived