Team Talks :mad:

I have 2 issues with the team talks in FM2012

Don't get me wrong, I love the whole idea of the different tones, especially useful in private chats, but I feel that the Pre-Match Team Talks haven't changed at all. You can still only say the same 3 things to your players, just in varying tones. And what's more, they never react, so I give them all Individual Team Talks of "You Have Faith", and that cheers them up a little.

The next annoying thing is that when I am losing at HT, whether it be 1-0 or 5-0, I go assertive/aggresive, and tell them they've been rubbish. they all light up in green with "fired up" and "looks motivated", but as soon as they hit the pitch, their performance doesn't change, and neither does their motivation on the on-screen widget.

Is anybody else noticing this? Perhaps I'm just giving the wrong team talks?

If your struggling to gain a reaction from players it is likely your rep. This will improve with success as will your ability to motivate your players. Also there is no need to be assertive/aggressive everytime your losing and in fact using it all the time may cause your players to ignore you. Maybe there poor performance isn't because of a lack of motivation but your tactics. If this is the case giving them a roasting probably isn't going to help. I also find it hard to believe that your players never respond to being told their s**t unless they have got shocking personalities.

Finally I wouldn't rely on the in-match motivation widget to gauge your level of performance. It can be handy but doesn't tell the whole story in my opinion.

For the Pre-Match Team Talks ask yor assistant,then don't react like this in halftime:"because of this happened in match,sure its their fault, so yeah f**k off" if possible

I usually get nothing from pre-match talks, maybe one of two players react at most, but once the match starts I get motivated/nervous players so something invisible probably happens.

My policy for team talks is still to talk the performance, not the scoreline. My defence seem to take pressure badly but my midfield seem to like it. So...

To be honest, in real life dressing rooms, no reaction is exactly the response to most team talks. Especially from the generic part of it, in fact the majority of time/discussion is on tactical tweaks rather than motivational stuff, which plays a very minor role in most games.

Archived