Managerial Changes

I'm in my first multiple team game; I wont call it a journeyman career as I know there is a whole forum focussed on LLM etc.

Anyway I started as Norwich and had decent success with them managing to lift the FA Cup and finished 7th in the league. Moyes left Everton and I decided to take a gamble as they had been taken over (non tycoon but decent money.) In 2 seasons I won the FA Cup and league cup before lifting the title in season 2. Unfortunately I still couldn't attract the types of players to kick the team on so when Bayern Munich came calling with a big budget I took my first foray into managing abroad. I have had a great time managing them in the last 3 seasons however the german league is pretty easy - with the likes of Neymar, Hazard, Muller, plus a few experienced signings I have won the division twice (in 3rd season and look likely to win it again) the german cups and the champions league twice.

I need a new challenge and want to move on at the end of the season. As such I have started looking at big clubs in Spain, Italy and of course back in the UK. Looking at the changes that have happened and the "candidates" for the jobs when managers have been sacked this season. and this is my point....

There seems to be some very strange movements. I understand some of the highly rated managers getting chances i.e. Moyes has had a few decent chances however "Big Names" are rarely considered and big teams keep looking at (and taking) either mid level team's managers (Man City just signed Espanyol's sacked manager) while I haven't been linked with any of the big jobs that have come around over the last 2 years. I appreciate that I am at a very big club doing very well but surely there would be speculation and big clubs would try their arms even if they might get rebuffed. I also appreciate that the dynamic reputation might play into this but I don't think the historic clubs reputation or clubs with big money dimisinsh even if the league has. In 5 years I reckon that Man City would still go for the cream of managers, the Juve's, Real's etc would still get linked with the biggest managers.

Just seems strange to me... don't know what other's views are?

Archived