Target Man and Playmaker Myth

Can anyone confirm with me on this?

I heard this myth of using both Target Man and Playmaker will screw up the efficiency of the tactics.

So is it better to use on or the other?

Or can I use both and it's going to work perfectly fine?

I have Ganso as advanced Supporting Playmaker in a flat 4-4-2.

Rooney is Deep Lying Forward in support role.

But I have Van Nistelrooy as Target Man. Or do I put him as Advanced forward better?

I noticed Ganso played way better as Advanced Supporting Playmaker than Deep Lying Support Playmaker.

I'm worried by putting Van Nistelrooy as Advanced Forward he will be less efficient.

I'm also wondering: by using one or both of these functions, will it make Rooney less effective as goal scorer?

Early Thanks!

Screwing the efficiency might be harsh, it's just that with those options ticked the team will always look to play the ball to those players making them unidimensional, specially with the target man option.

On the end of the day it's just an option, if you have a team with high quality all across the park you can be limiting yourself with the primary playmaker and target man ticked.

It won't necessarily screw up the efficiency or anything. Don't worry about Rooney being less effective.

I'd recommend using Ganso as an Advanced Playmaker and RVN as a poacher or advanced forward. Ganso is a highly technically skilled player who is good at dribbling and making the final past but is not very good defensively. RVN is very good at sticking the ball in the net, but isn't amazing at holding the ball up.

Archived