individual Team Talks

Am i missing a trick with these? I can never seem to aler a players response from a team talk by giving them an individual one. What are the point of the individual talks?

An example is i just beat newcastle. We were poor in the second half and i told the team this. All had good reactions apart from wilshire who had played well through out and was 'angered'. I told him he had a great game, but he remained angered at my previous comment.

this happens a lot! Whats the point? you cant give an individual team talk till after a team one, but an individual one wont alter the players response?

I think that's a natural reaction, due to the fact that you have to scream at the whole team, before you turn to the individual and tell them that you don't include them in your tirade. By that point, they've already taken the abuse with their team mates and will quite rightly be fuming.

If you have a real mix of individual performances, some good, some bad, some middling, an alternative after the defeat would be a more neutral team response, then praise the worthy, and spray expletives at the slackers.

Archived