New Feature request - Assassination

Assassination a future in FM2013?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Assassination a future in FM2013?

• Hell yeah, kill them all
    • No, murder was never part of FM series. Cutting of their toes should suffice as an option.
    • All of the above

Well, here comes a rant, so stop reading now! I warned you... Anyways, I tried explaining my bitter frustration to my girlfriend on what happened to me with my long term save, but I was faced with utter boredom. I felt I have to come to this community for people to understand and feel my pain. To get a bit of a consolation during this period of grief in my life. What happened, you may ask. Well, hear ye my tale:

My long term save with Eger. It took me 2 seasons to get to the top division, were on my first season I managed to avoid relegation by 1 single point. Last season I came 10th and this season I actually achieved 4th place and won the Hungarian cup (yes, thank you for the applause). The reason for my success are 5 young lads. I have a very good (and vastly overpaid) scout and managed to find and sign 5 extremely high potential youngsters over the years. Well 4 actually as 1 of them became a flop. But these 4 guys are phenomenal (for my level at least)! I actually went down to sims level of simulation in nurturing them... I had bought an old dude with high mental attributes just to tutor them, had private training programs for them, preferred moves training, always kept their moral high with talks etc, gave them adequate playing time. Basically I did everything I could to have these guys mature, and they did (with the exception of 1).

My finances are in the red, I'm nearly €1m in the red, which is very significant at my level and considering my income. My couches have high attributes and take up a huge bulk of the wages. My players aren't that overpaid though, it's just low attendance with low prize money, and a yearly 240k sponsorship. Anyways thanks to the hungarian cup I'm now in the uefa league, which will bring me in the black, if I manage to get past the first knock out phase. But with these guys on the boat I'm confident, I just need a good keeper and I'm set.

So what happened I hear you ask.

My Chairman! That son of a ****. I had an offer received for one of the four boys and naturally I rejected. Indispensible to club, leave him alone. Another offer comes in, I want to reject, but the chairman intervenes and accepts on my behalf as it is too good to reject. I received nearly €1m for the guy. I'm like 'oh, well' maybe it's worth it. We can expand the training facilities a bit, plus I have some money to spend on the keeper. Then he sells my second player! And then the 3rd !!!!??? I'm now €1,5m in the black, but I don't care! I nurtured these guys and had them grow into stars and that **** sells them off. We needed the money from the first, fine. But why the other 2??? Just before the uefa cup! To add insult to injury, the 4th player has his contract expiring next year and doesn't want to sign with me (despite me being his favoured personel). He wants to move to a bigger club... He did! I can't give him the wages he demands cause of board restrictions (stupid chairman).

All four of my players gone! I'm feeling sad, lost and empty. The world is bare... My boys left me and are never coming home.

Oh btw, I drew Spartak Moscow. Guess what my chances are? 2 more years down the drain, starting from scratch again!

Therefore I would like to make a humble request for FM2012! I would like to have an assassination option. In which case I could assassinate the chairman! I'm serious about it. Alternatively I would like to have an option to drop the head of a dead horse in his bed! Please SI, listen to your customers!!!!

Set their selling values to £0... Clubs will bid £0 for the player, which the chairman shouldn't accept (if he does, there is an issue...), and you can of course reject. It might unsettle the player a little more, since there might be more interest... But it's a workaround.

I'm not a fan of this "feature" since I think we really play this game to be in control of a club, rather than being a football manager... If it has to exist, there has to be some form of communication between the board and player, explaining the rationale behind these sales, perhaps even negotiating who is sold with the board... And selling players in this way has to be done at truly ridiculous prices.

Communication would be better though.

At the start of the season they give you the wage budget, but they could say they want to get some money in from sales too.

"Your wage budget for the season is £xxxxxx, you are currently spending £xxxxxx. As finances are tight the board would also like you to gain £xxxxxxx in player sales."

Then if you choose not to work towards their target, then they can sell the players for you!

Or when they get an offer for a player you get a conversation about whether you are doing well to reach target and you can argue to keep him and sell others etc.

Communication would be better though.

At the start of the season they give you the wage budget, but they could say they want to get some money in from sales too.

"Your wage budget for the season is £xxxxxx, you are currently spending £xxxxxx. As finances are tight the board would also like you to gain £xxxxxxx in player sales."

Then if you choose not to work towards their target, then they can sell the players for you!

Or fire you... Just add something to the confidence feature ("By the end of this summer's transfer window, you must make £4m in profit on player sales, as we are rubbish at making money. The board are willing to negotiate this figure if the wage budget is substantially reduced.").

Archived