Highlights taking 20mins to encode and upload?

I've been playing around with the custom highlights, trying to make decent looking highlights packages and don't get me wrong it's a lovely feature but is there anyone out there that has experienced or had encoding and uploading a 160 second highlights package take upwards of 20mins? Is it something on my end or is it just the way it should be? Right now the highlights are being uploaded in 720p else there would be no real point in uploading at all.

I'm not to sure what in my PC's spec would dictate the speed of encoding and uploading but i'm just curious if anyone else is having the same issue? Also i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been mentioned before, i looked around but couldn't find anything.

Any help is appreciated.

I have a pretty powerful rig, i7 i7 920 @ 3.8GHz with 6 gigs of RAM at 1600MHz

It seems to take a while (2-3 minutes) just for me to do a 20 second goal clip at 1080, I think it generally is a long process. I know I have an old processor but I think 20 minutes sounds about right if yours was similar power but at stock clocks for 160 second clip package.

Well i'm running like a 2.8ghz processor with 3gb of ram. I shall be upgrading the PSU and graphic's card but i'm certain that will have no effect on upload times for it. I may just spring for Roxio's PC game capture software as the editing tools are better and it will probably render and upload alot faster that it has been plus i can just record a 3 hours of game play and just edit the matches rather than have a match and then spend half an hour getting clips and uploading.

A "2.8 GHz processor" is meaningless... What is the processor itself?

Processor speed is not everything nowadays... Chips nowadays have struggled to match "Netbust" Pentium processors that overheated easily because they had such high frequencies.

It's an Intel Pentium D processor.

I'm still thinking the best solution will be a roxio game capture as i can just start and stop when i feel like it and the touch of a key. The only problem i have now is the fact that in order to save on editing time i'd rather play the match then record the highlights but Si, in their wisdom, have decided that during play back the FT score will always show on the scoreboard rendering any hope of keeping a bit of suspence useless.

Does anyone have any idea if i can remove the scoreboard on highlight play back or at least reset it so it updates as the scores do through play-back?

It's an Intel Pentium D processor.

There's your problem... It's a processor that is around 6 years old.

I'd consider upgrading it... It's miles slower than even the low-low-end processors nowadays (Core 2 Quad/Core Pentium), and is even outstripped by some of today's netbook processors!

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+D+2.66GHz (search for "Pentium D 2.80 GHz" - it's about halfway down with a score of 742).

I think 20 minutes is not too bad, its a pretty slow process whatever, even the more powerful PCs still take relatively long times to do this task, I think my PC would probably take about 3-7 minutes to do something like that, its a guess but that's extrapolated from a 20 second clip @ a different resolution.

Ah ok then. I'm not the biggest tech whizz around so i have to ask, if i buy a new processor will anything else need to be upgraded or is it in a sence plug and play. I know in order to use the graphic's card i want i'm going to need to upgrade the PSU which is why i ask. If the cost is going to be excessive i may as well just buy a whole new PC, by the sounds of it mine is a bit of a dinosaur. However the only game i play on my PC is football manager.

Any recommendations?

Ah ok then. I'm not the biggest tech whizz around so i have to ask, if i buy a new processor will anything else need to be upgraded or is it in a sence plug and play. I know in order to use the graphic's card i want i'm going to need to upgrade the PSU which is why i ask. If the cost is going to be excessive i may as well just buy a whole new PC, by the sounds of it mine is a bit of a dinosaur. However the only game i play on my PC is football manager.

Any recommendations?

When did you buy that PC, anyway? Sticking with a Pentium D until today takes a lot of patience!

It is possible to find a compatible processor if you know what motherboard you have: http://processormatch.intel.com/COMPDB/default.aspx - you might be able to get a Core 2 Duo. However, this is still quite slow by today's standards so you might want to buy a new PC, depending on how old yours currently is.

I got it the exact same day FM 2007 (i think it was) came out so it was october 2007 time but as you said the pentium D was brought out 2005 was it? These days by the time you've walked out the store with the a new computer it's already outdated. I think the motherboard i have is compatable with a core 2 duo but in all honesty as you said in won't be long before i'm back to square one so i'm looking into a new PC. In the meantime i'm just uploading goals in 720p so it's taking about 10mins now on average, depending on how many goals there were in the game which i can live with for now, first priority is a laptop. Still thanks for the help guys.

Archived