What should i pick?

I'm new to FM series so i have no idea how my computer can handle the game and what i should pick when starting a new game :o

My computer: Intel i7-860, ATI radeon 5870, 8gb ddr3

The game shows i have 5 stars in computer performance but if i select 20 nations or so the estimated game speed is 1,5 stars... So my question is, is it possible to select all nations (or will it be playable after that), large database and have 2 active leagues from each nation? or will i have some problems if i do that? :confused: i want to pick as many nations as possible as long as the game is still running fairly smoothly.

Game speed is really a personal preference. What I think is a comfortable game speed, you may well think is far too slow. With FM12 you can now add or remove leagues during the game. So if you use the recommended set up as jackripper said, then if you feel the game is flying after the first season, add more leagues or vice versa.

Recommended setup only gives me around 20k players, 4,5 star estimated speed and couple other nations besides England so that's way too small for my taste...

I've read about people with way worse computers than mine playing with 100k players so i decided to go with 90k players (40+ leagues and 20+ nations), estimated game speed was 1,5 stars but a lot of people say it doesn't really tell the truth. I've also heard people talking about recommended player limit which occurs at 125k for me... no idea what's that about...

Anyway so far so good although i haven't played even first match yet (overwhelmed by content :o)... so i don't know how it is after one season.

Archived