Can't give new contracts to reserves

FMHi 2012: Start of fourth season with Chelsea and time to re-new reserve team contracts - and nothing happens.

They do not refuse contracts.

Simply nothing happens - and they leave a couple of weeks later when their contracts expire.

I have reloaded from the end of the previous season and tried many times but still the same.

And I have been playing since CM 98/98 so I sort of know what I'm doing before anyone comments.

This happens often when players are promoted from your youth setup. Whenever you get this news, go and check the player immediately to see if his contract is expired. If you take some time to renew it, he will leave on a free. However, it is still very easy to just sign them again even if it happens.

• SI Staff

I'n not necessarily sure that this is related to promoted players, but if the OP could let us know that would be very helpful. The issue is already reported here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291359-Renewing-reserve-player-contracts-bug but we haven't as yet been able to reproduce it here. We are still looking into it, though.

Yes - it does relate to recently promoted players.

However after some more experiments I have been able to renew contracts for promoted players with a year left on their contract.

Is it something to do with the length of time left of their contracts..?

• SI Staff
Just to clarify - these are not newly promoted players who do not have contracts when promoted.

These are players promoted the previous summer (or earlier) whose initial contracts are due to expire in the next couple of weeks/months.

Thanks, we're still looking into this one. If you've got any saves that the behaviour is reproducible from it'd help us a lot!

• SI Staff
How to email us a Save Game/How to delete saves:

1) Plug your device into your computer

2) Start iTunes

3) Select your device within iTunes, from the Devices menu section

4) View the 'Apps' tab

5) Scroll down the screen to the 'File Sharing' area

6) Highlight 'FM 2012'

.dat files are your save games, and there can be up to 5 of them. The Manual Saves are named fm_save1.dat through to fm_save4.dat with the name reflecting the save slot used (1 = top slot, 4 = bottom slot). hidden.dat is the current Automatic Save file on the device.

Email them to stuart.warren@sigames.com when requested.

File sharing can also be used to transfer saves, shortlists and team selections to another device which has the game.

Any file can be deleted here, by pressing Delete on your PC keyboard or Backspace on your Mac. Be careful not to delete game.cfg, which is your Preferences file, as it will contain any unlockables that you have achieved.

That would be great, instructions for accessing the saves and sending them to us are quoted above. Thanks!

Archived