CPU issues during FM 2012

My CPU temperature is 38c when idle most of the time, and when I load FM it stays at around 40-45c until I start processing the game (dates, results etc), then it goes to 50-60c and then back down again when it stops.

I know this game is ran mostly via the CPU, but is this anything to worry about or is it normal?

I wouldn't worry about that. When CPU is running at 100%, it is typical for your temperature to go to that level. CPU is only at danger at around 80-90c, and that is very unlikely to happen, being as FM runs your CPU at 100% anyway.

As a rule the processing temps are ok but without knowing what CPU you are running it is impossible to say if they are higher than expected, your idle reading does look to be a little on the high side so it might be worth clearing any dust/fluff that as accumulated over the years.

I have the E8400 processor @ 3.0ghz

I have had some heating issues since getting a new PSU where the temps have been at 100c idle, but I've fixed them back down to 38c. I don't know how long before today my temps have been as high as they were!

It does seem to be ok now because they're not constantly in the 50s...

Your current idle & load temps are fine, I'd be concerned about it hitting 100c in the past as that CPU is rated for a max of 72.4c under one of the measuring systems.

Archived