How to counteract pressure?

Guess this is valid for both, PSP and iOS, since I do play both versions atm.

I really have come to appreciate the ME circles since they seem to tell me how much pressure is mounting on my team by the opponent (and vice versa).

What do you do if the opponent team really is at your throat? Do you get more defensive? How to free yourself and start some great moves (if it's possible in terms of quality)?

At the same time, what do you do if you are the one pressuring but just can't score? Throw in more strikers? FUll out attack?

• SI Staff

If I'm getting swamped by a team then what I do depends somewhat on 'why' I think thats the case ... BUT in general I tend to switch to a slightly more direct passing style (or long if really desperate) with hard tackling enabled (and pressing if I think my players are 'up to it' ... don't press if your players don't have the stamina to pull it off - you'll just tire them out and thats NOT good if you're already chasing the game).

This tries to take advantage of the fact that the opponent is pushing onto me by hitting hard and fast.

In reverse if I'm pressuing but can't score either you just have to grind away and hope (which is what most teams do irl) or you might try enabling counter attacking - in the situation you're descibing this will encourage your players to try and 'draw out' the opposition a little more (as they're probably bunkered down with 10 men back) and then hit them hard once they've drawn them forward ... will mean fewer attacks and obviously as you're playing further towards your own goal a little riskier ... but the chances should be clearer ones when you get them.

Archived