A couple of GUI enhancements

Firstly thought I just wanted to say how superb I think the new GUI is in FM12. A couple of frame issues aside I think its the cleanest and most user friendly I've known since the game's inception.

Playing the game I found a couple of things that I would personally love to see so thought I'd list them in case you/your team agree

1 - Is there any chance of adding number formatting into the preferences? I personally would prefer to have the option to specify what format is used for what i.e. in news stories seeing currency as £16,000,000 whereas in histories having it as £16m. Secondly on this point would it be possible to have user preferences for the decimal placings? i.e. on the current format its in £K until a million (some might prefer £0.1m etc) then up to £5m its in £.1m and after £.25m. Would it be possible to allow use customisation i.e. have all set to 2 decimal places to £0.20m, £0.27m, £1.75m, £5.60m £17.50m etc?

2 - I love the new summary pages for club, players etc. On the club history one is it possible to a) make the bottom left trophy (next to the league history graph) dynamic - i.e. click on the trophies above and show the detail? and b) make the trophies themselves either Gold, Silver, Bronze, A.N.Other colour to represent if you are the most, second most, third most succesful team in that particular competition?

3 - Is it possible to include the same cup page for managers?

4 - Is it possible to, in some, way limit it to the main competitions or applying a filter to allow users to decide? Seeing that Norwich had won the southern league 17 isn't really very current or important to me as the manager

5 - On the season summary section of the player summary is it possible to a) split it up onto separate lines? i.e. still split Overall and League but have Appearances on 1 line, Goals on a second, Assists on a third and then Average Rating on the fourth? I've left of cards as there is a discapline box elsewhere. b) for goalkeepers assists / goals could be replaced by conceded and clean sheets

6 - On the player summary is it possible to add "Career Summary" as an option alongside "Season Summary." I really don't like the history pages as they get very cluttered and messy over a long game and having a summary on the main page would mean that I don't have to go look at it.

What do people think?

Archived