Long Ball

I would like to be able to set my teams overall passing game to long ball, but you have to go into individual player instructions and set them to long one by one. I remember older FM games giving you the option to set this in team instructions, I think it would be a good idea to bring this back as I would normally play this way in the lower leagues were it is trench warfare :)

The "team" setting for passing tells your players what style of passing to play, the player's individual setting tells him how long or short his passes should be, i.e. the length of them.

If you tell a player to play only short passes but then tell the team to play more direct, he'll pass it forward more often than not but the pass will still be short. If you set all player's to the "team" instruction only it won't work properly, you need to restrict the length of passing individually still even though each player's style of passing will match the team's style. If you don't set individual instructions and you set the team to "long" passing, then every player is gonna hoof it long regardless.

You need to have a structure to your passing; consider the positions of your players, who will each player be able to pass to easily? Which of these players do you want him to pass to most often? Set his passing length accordingly and he'll pass it to the players you expect him to, when you expect him to and when he is able to, otherwise he'll pass it to the other players within his "range" or he'll hoof it long/out of play.

Team = style; Player = length :thup:

Archived