Contract bug??/

Just finishing my season with Forest Green in the BSP and I am going to finish top of the table :)

However my 6 best players' contracts are ending in 3 months and when I go to offer then a new deal, they are requesting non contract terms which means I only pay them an appearance fee!!!??

They are currently on full time contracts so why would they want a non contract term? I am so pissed off. I am going to lose half my team. Is there something I should know?

But how is it: even though they are requesting N/C terms, you are surely able to change the contract type manually? It would also be interesting to know what an AI manager would do: would he comply with the request of a N/C or change the contract type?

Even on the first day of the game, you will have seen that several F/T players in the Forest Green squad request N/C terms: James Norwood, Matt Taylor, Jamie Turley, Jeffrey Imudia, Chris Stokes, Kieron Forbes, Yan Klukowski, Chris Allen, Curtis McDonald, Matthew Bulman and Wayne Turk all request N/C terms (and backup squad status) in the new game I just created. I think such a number of players is quite surprising - is it really the rational choice for them to opt for N/C? Maybe someone could elaborate, but I would have expected most of them to want a new F/T contract.

One hypothesis could however be that as contract types and squad status is intertwined in this game, and N/C is intertwined with backup status in the case of Forest Green, it could be the case that it works the other way round: these players rather feel (low ambition, moderate personality?) that they are no more than backup material for a club of Forest Green's stature, and thus request the appropriate contract type for a backup player in Forest Green: N/C. The setting "Contract types" seems able to explain some terrible flaws in the game, but I'm not yet sure if it also pertains to this case. Let it remain a hypothesis.

Yes I have the chance to offer a FT or PT contract , but the players reject the offer. I believe its a bug. Surely has to be. My key players surely cant not want FT terms, especially now that weve been promoted to League Two

Very interesting. I suggest that the configured rational choice of the players in question is overly inclined towards requesting N/C terms. Are they requesting backup status as well (N/C=backup status, as configured in the editor)?

By the way: have you entered the new season yet? Could it be that these players change their contract type preference when you're past the end of season 2011/12? It still doesn't make it right that they should request N/C while you're in 2011/12, methinks.

Very interesting. I suggest that the configured rational choice of the players in question is overly inclined towards requesting N/C terms. Are they requesting backup status as well (N/C=backup status, as configured in the editor)?

By the way: have you entered the new season yet? Could it be that these players change their contract type preference when you're past the end of season 2011/12? It still doesn't make it right that they should request N/C while you're in 2011/12, methinks.

Well Hodgkiss was released. I didnt try offer him a new contract after I entered L2 (Pre season)

And yes they were requesting backup status. I have released 4 players due to this fact. They werent massive losses but I would have kept them if I had the choice. Thanks for the assistance mate :)

Unless anyone can explain why requesting a N/C should be the favoured rational choice of that many players in such a club being in such a situation, I think it is fair to say that this issue is a candidate for being reported as a bug in the Bugs Forum.

Are there any objections?

Archived