So am I favourites or not?

It would just be nice to know, in an unambiguous sort of way, whether my team are favourites to win a match or not. In a lot of matches so far what I'm getting is the following confusing mishmash, or variants thereof: Match odds: Shows the opponents as favourites. Match prediction by local newspaper: Can't tell us apart, clearly a draw. My assistant: We should dominate the match! After the game is finished, in the press conference: Good result against a a team you're were expected to lose heavily to.

I know I'm supposed to make up my own mind and everything, but seriously, if this information does not agree with itself (and it almost never does), it's rendered effectively useless to me, and I'll just regard it as noise and filter it out. Leaving me with no way to know if I'm actually favourites for a match or not, but slightly more mentally fatigued. :p

Just a small suggestion. :)

Although I get what your saying I don't think this is necessarily a problem, although I appreciate that you are calling it an annoyance rather than a bug.

The 'mediawatch' column on a certain website gives an interesting insight into how I am imagining this, when it tells how the league table would be if Mark Lawrenson was always right in his bbc predicitons, im sure that often teams like Stoke and Newcastle would be in the bottom half, if not lower. Compare this with how a local rag might favour their team, and how in lower leagues the bookies sometimes just have 7/5 on both teams cos nobody has a clue how the game will go. Also your assistant might not have the right attributes to accurately gauge is going on.

(The after match press conference, yeh I agree that does sound annoying in relation to the others)

Maybe once you are a different team in a different league the gap between you and other teams might help the assorted sources make better comments

Archived