Intel GMA950 Graphics Card was original stated as a system requirement

Intel GMA950 Graphics Card was original stated as a system requirement for Football Manager 2012, why then won't my game work?

I folked out £30 on Steam to download the game and now it appears my graphics card won't handle it even though it is better than the ones now listed as system requirements.

I had read the online manual and it had stated that the game would run in 2D mode with an Intel GMA950 graphics card (the information in the online manual has subsequently been taken down by either yourselves or Sega). After going around in circles on the Sports Interactive forum they have directed us to come to you for a refund as the game can only be registered through Steam once and therefore retailers refuse to accept refunds.

The game does not run on the Intel GMA950 graphics card on the Mac and myself and many more people feel extremely let down by Sega and SI after seemingly receiving incorrect information with regards to the minimum specifications. As I previously mention the section of the online manual which stated the GMA950 would run Football Manager has subsequently been removed albeit too late for most who have already purchased the game.

I am therefore wondering how I can receive a refund on the game I bought? I've been a loyal customer to the Football Manager series and also the Championship Manager series before the name change dating all the way back to 1995. It is with great disappointment that my association with the series is ending on such a sour note but I feel that I'm not receiving adequate answer from anybody I speak to on the issue.

If you're in the UK afaik in this instance the retailer must provide you with a refund, they will then need to seek financial redress from Sega for the returned game.

• Administrators

The information in the online manual was sadly out of date and incorrectly put up by Sega in the online manual - the information (only for Mac) was about four or five versions out of date so was replaced with the correct information when it was spotted it was so clearly wrong. Every single pre-announced 'requirements' specification listed on our forums, Sega websites and every single game-related website which published our minimum specs was correct. Likewise it was also correct on the back of the box and on Steam. I very much suggest you contact your retailer if you want a refund or Sega if you have a complaint about this. I'm sorry you encountered this issue.

In regards to the GMA950, due to the response from the community, we are trying to see if we can get the game to run in this spec, but considering it is a 64MB card and the minimum spec is 128MB (and remember that's minimum, not recommended) this may prove to be rather difficult. Thanks.

Archived