Are U18 players in the reserve squad still picked for the U18s team?

I've got a few promising players who have just turned pro. I want to put them on full-time schedules so I'm planning on moving them up to the reserves. However, I don't have a reserve team so they won't ever play - I'm wondering if they will still be picked for the U18 team to get game time but also get the benefits of a FT training schedule?

Nope. Reserves will shoink from the kiddy table, but not the other way around.

Although it's frustrating, it's more realistic and adds another element to youth dev. Let them rule the youth leagues (but on half training schedule ) or call them up to reserves for the full time training (as long as you have em on a full time contract), at the cost of less playing time (and againstvphysically stronger oppo's that can cause more injuries etc...

Nope. Reserves will shoink from the kiddy table, but not the other way around.

Although it's frustrating, it's more realistic and adds another element to youth dev. Let them rule the youth leagues (but on half training schedule ) or call them up to reserves for the full time training (as long as you have em on a full time contract), at the cost of less playing time (and againstvphysically stronger oppo's that can cause more injuries etc...

Think I might wait til next season and take the option of a reserve team.

I think you can put them on full time training even if they are in under18 squad. As long as they have a full time contract. They fixed this in fm11.

Yeah on FM11 this was the case but doesn't seem to be on FM12.

Archived