playing football manager 2012 in germany

hello there,

as a german FM fan for about 10 years I wanted to know if I can play the game in Germay. Steam wont allow me to download the demo and buy the game, so I hope that there is a way for me to work around this problem.

The last few FM versions I bought either in France or Britian, then installed them on my computer, removed certain files (I like playing the german national team) and everything worked peachy.

Know my fear is, that I will ....

1. ... not be able to activate my copy Football Manager 2012 that I would have bought in Britain, in Germany and play and patch the game like a "normal/nonGerman" FM user.

2. ... not be able to "remove" certain files from the game to play the german national team and so on.

In both cases I will sadly decline to buy your game and stick to the older FM versions. So you will, thanks to steam, have lost a customer.

I hope you can dispel my fears and I can continue playing your newest games.

avarchillion

You have to order a boxed copy online in the UK or elsewhere. You can than activate this copy wherever you are, even in Germany.

ps: 2. just go to a german football manager site or use google...

I too am living in Germany at the moment, and have heard of the problems with Steam.

I bought a disc version from Amazon.co.uk, had it shipped out to me and had no problem installing it. I'm Welsh, so I was going to buy it off AmazonUK anyway, but it looks like that's the right thing to do.

Archived