I don't understand the new Opposition Instructions screen

Ok, this may sound like I'm being stupid, but why does it seem to make up its mind on its own? Add to that it seems to change my instructions or not do what I think it does.

My Presumptions

- It lists both the player to selected and the position so that you can select a default instruction for that position and for the player.

- If the player changes position then he'll will retain your instructions, i.e. closing down.

- If a substitute takes the field then he will be be subject to the instructions you selected for the position he takes.

I can't think of any other reason why the screen is set up as it is, so why does this never seem to work? I just tried to get my team to close down and tackle hard on an opposition midfielder. Whatever I ticked on the MCR selection the game would open the option to show on to weak foot. I ticked tackle hard and show on to weak foot highlighted, and the odder fact that close down was un-highlighted. The opposite was true when selecting close down, show on to weak foot highlighted and tackle hard was disenabled.

When the opposition makes subs or moves players around my instructions seem to change to their own liking. I have no assistant making decisions for me. It's just me.

I just don't get what's going on. :confused:

Archived