Installing the game

Got the game yesterday and waited all day because I couldn't play it until 12 it said, now when I go to install it has started to actually download the game which is about 2,305MB, are you actually being serious with me? Am I doing something wrong, what is the point in the disc if it doesn't use the information on the disc to install, I have very poor internet and it is literally going to take about a day to download this.

Got the game yesterday and waited all day because I couldn't play it until 12 it said, now when I go to install it has started to actually download the game which is about 2,305MB, are you actually being serious with me? Am I doing something wrong, what is the point in the disc if it doesn't use the information on the disc to install, I have very poor internet and it is literally going to take about a day to download this.

You don't need to download if you've got the disc. You can just install straight from the disk :)

You just need to put the disk in the drive and run from there. The only reason it would have started downloading is if you put the code into Steam first before starting to install.

Well I put the code in earlier and it said I could not install it yet, how do I get around this without downloading there must be a way

Well I put the code in earlier and it said I could not install it yet, how do I get around this without downloading there must be a way

That will be why then. If you put in the code before trying to install it, it will assume you want to download it. Have you tried canceling the download and trying to install from the disk again?

That will be why then. If you put in the code before trying to install it, it will assume you want to download it. Have you tried canceling the download and trying to install from the disk again?

It asked for the code when I tried to install it earlier, I can't believe this is how you need to install this game, the system is a joke, surely it can recognize I have a disk, every year there's problems with steam.

I've tried cancelling it, deleting the local content and re-installing and it still does the same.

It asked for the code when I tried to install it earlier, I can't believe this is how you need to install this game, the system is a joke, surely it can recognize I have a disk, every year there's problems with steam.

I've tried cancelling it, deleting the local content and re-installing and it still does the same.

Are you trying to install from the disk or just clicking install in the game library?

Are you trying to install from the disk or just clicking install in the game library?

When I click install through the disk it pops up on steam that it has validated it within a second, it then has the option close which I press, it has the play button under FM12 on the game library but when I do this it says its downloading a file which is 2,305MB

You've definitely removed local content and tried to install directly from the disk right? Because that really should work as far as I'm aware.

Yep, definately, saw a FAQ which I followed on here, still nothing, although now it says validating steam files and that it is validating steam cache files, has been on 100% for about 10 minutes

Sounds abit technical lol. I can see me ballsing this up.

Before you could just put the disc in, and it would say install via steam, you didnt have this carry on of type this in this box, and if its location is wrong-alter it.

If im downloading straight from disc then it shouldnt take long to download right?

I downloaded the demo and it took 7 hours, my laptop is very hi-spec, but my internet connection is pants.

I didnt think id have to browse countless FAQ to install the game ( and still non the wiser)

Ive got every single copy (on disc) of all the FM ( or CM) as it used to be called.

Never had this carry on.

Archived