ummm.... yeah help with 8.0.1 please?

errr yeah i kind of downloaded 8.0.1 from gamershell.com (one of the mirrors) and i left it for 3 months before i extracted it and now i dont know what to do! please help! its in football manager 8.0.1 folder! and the game is not updated please help!

errr yeah i kind of downloaded 8.0.1 from gamershell.com (one of the mirrors) and i left it for 3 months before i extracted it and now i dont know what to do! please help! its in football manager 8.0.1 folder! and the game is not updated please help!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirty1982dec:

double click the icon and a program will run. click on update. job done </div></BLOCKQUOTE>what icon? please help? im thick about computers please explain!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirty1982dec:

erm, when you extracted the download, it/you put the icon i'm talking about in a folder. go to that folder. double click on the patch icon. and voila </div></BLOCKQUOTE>when i click on it it says an unidentified program wants access to your computer. i am on vista btw. Please Help!

It's a football manager 2008 logo with the filename under it. It is probably something like FM20088.0.1.exe, or at least it will have 801 somewhere in it. Double click on that and it will start the update process.

Personally I would suggest you ignore 8.0.1 and download 8.0.2. That's the latest uptodate patch so would be the logical choice. Just have a look at the 'Happy Valentines Day' thread on the front page of this forum.

ooooh, vista. erm, not a wise move there, ermm, yeah, well, erm,

can you see me stalling for time here? erm.... does it give you the option to run it anyway? if so try that. and in the meantime, can someone with vista who knows it well just help a little. i've not tried vista out, but i never go with a new microsoft os until at least two years after release. bug ridden, problem filled, all for our own entertainment/money

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

erm, when you extracted the download, it/you put the icon i'm talking about in a folder. go to that folder. double click on the patch icon. and voila </div></BLOCKQUOTE>when i click on it it says an unidentified program wants access to your computer. i am on vista btw. Please Help! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's your firewall...just allow it.

stalling for time helped </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I wouldn't say I'm an expert...it just sounded firewallish. I went logical...just call me Spock. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dudeface:

erm, when you extracted the download, it/you put the icon i'm talking about in a folder. go to that folder. double click on the patch icon. and voila </div></BLOCKQUOTE>when i click on it it says an unidentified program wants access to your computer. i am on vista btw. Please Help! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's your firewall...just allow it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WTF???? it wont download it says: possible cause:file transfer damage Please help!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Just download it again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>How delete patch i got?! Please help!!!

don't need to. or just move it to recycle bin. just get 802 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>8.0.2 is bad apparently compared to 8.0.1

where is best to download patch from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read up...I told you.

anagain: we read and type at the same speed surely </div></BLOCKQUOTE>where the mirrors for 8.0.2?

anagain: we read and type at the same speed surely </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe yeah I think so. Well apart from when I'm boosting my team confidence with a cracking away win over Welshpool. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived