The Italian Journey Challenge

Was looking to make a chalenge game, so I decided to make this one.

Here's what you do:

Start as an Italian Serie C1/B club.

Aim to get to Serie A and win all cups possible in Italy and Europe.

Until you get to Serie A, you must only but EU players.

NO SUGAR DADDY allowed.

Hope you enjoy this challenge.

I wish you the best of luck.

Was looking to make a chalenge game, so I decided to make this one.

Here's what you do:

Start as an Italian Serie C1/B club.

Aim to get to Serie A and win all cups possible in Italy and Europe.

Until you get to Serie A, you must only but EU players.

NO SUGAR DADDY allowed.

Hope you enjoy this challenge.

I wish you the best of luck.

Second season:

Missed out on promotion to Serie B by a whisker. Should've won the league tbh, got to play-off finals but lost icon_frown.gif

Stars of the season were Goran Salvkovski and Giovanni Torre, I finished like this:

3rd Lanciano P:34 W:20 D:6 L:8 F:61 A:34 GD:27 Pts: 66

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

someone else has got to do this challenge icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My challenge can wait. im gonna do this you seem lonely on this thread soo think i might participate icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry Jamster, I'll put your's on hold and join the pair of you in this.

Where do you find Torre?

I reckon it will take about 15 seasons for me to get a good enough team to win Serie A. I'm guessing 4 or 5 to get promoted from C1/B. Main problem is I don't know any of the players, and I normally buy cheap Brazilians or Argentians. Are we allowed if we can get them on a free?

PROMOTION AT LAST \o/

Considering I finished fifth, not bad icon_wink.gif

5th Lanciano P:34 W:18 D:7 L:9 F:57 A:40 GD:17 Pts:61

Beat Avellino 2-0 first leg 1-0 second leg

Also won the Serie C Cup beating AlbinoLeffe 2-1 in the first leg and drawing 2-2 in the second!

Wish me luck in Serie B!

You guys are just bad... I got promotion first Season with Ternana. 50k Transfer then, didn't spend any, got Okaka on loan from Roma and a few other loans, now im in Serie B (Won Serie C Cup 5-2 total against Gallipoli and won Playoffs against Salernitana 7-6 aggregate). 400k budget to spend this season.

One more season until I can use Non-EU players XD

And I couldn't find Torre anywhere.

Now I have to fight relegation. I'll probably spend this season building a team, and not care about my results.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drhenry:

You guys are just bad... I got promotion first Season with Ternana. 50k Transfer then, didn't spend any, got Okaka on loan from Roma and a few other loans, now im in Serie B (Won Serie C Cup 5-2 total against Gallipoli and won Playoffs against Salernitana 7-6 aggregate). 400k budget to spend this season.

Now I have to fight relegation. I'll probably spend this season building a team, and not care about my results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats funny because im in my 1st season in 3rd 3 points from first so im not bad well i am but im not doing bad lol

Nice, I was third until the last match when Taranto drew and I won.

Perugia - 76 points (beat in second to last match to gain the last few points to get near)

Ternana - 75 points

Taranto - 73 points (drew their last match)

Would have came first if Perugia had drawn or lost.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drhenry:

Now I have to fight relegation. I'll probably spend this season building a team, and not care about my results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact that Ternana are one of the best teams in Serie C1/B didn't help you at all icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjaminoo:

The fact that Ternana are one of the best teams in Serie C1/B didn't help you at all icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know how good they were... I don't look at Serie C1/B, or even Serie A. I only watch Arsenal matches really.

And besides, I can't find any good players... I probably have high standards but players with a highest stat of 11 in something, and 8 in others, seem to rubbish for me.

I was bad at FMH06, played Championship Manager more.

My 28 games unbeaten was ended by Lecce who beat me 2-1 in the second match of my second season. Drew the first match, currently 16th after the two matches.

Arsenal offered 1.9 for Luis Jimenez which I negotiated to 4m they offered 3.9 but it fell through as they offered on the 30th of August. Ah well, I have to keep my star player then.

First Season in Serie B I was 'fighting relegation' but came 7th.

Then I got Guti and O.Kapo on free at the end of the season, so I changed tactics to 4-5-1 and finished 10th in 08/09 so I'm going to go through a season as 4-3-3.

Went on holiday for a week when I had no matches, Assistant Manager sold Luis Jimenez icon_frown.gif for 3.8m.

Nice one. I'm struggling to sign good players, even on a free, as my wage budget is only 8.25k...

I missed out on F. Torres on a free (why is his contract NEVER renewed by Althletico? He is good) as I could only offer 10k and Liverpool offered 13k...

I need Sugar Daddy icon_frown.gif Or Brazilian stars... Missed out on Kerlon and Inter bought him for 16.75m... now worth 21m...

I'll do my next two seasons tonight, hopefully my 4-3-3 will get me to the playoffs, if not I will have to try my trusty 4-1-2-1-2 which normally does well...

I think you should make it so if you are in Serie B for 5 seasons without promoting or you have been in Serie A and unable to get in the top 6 for 3 seasons, you should be allowed Sugar Daddy.

And you should put that we are allowed to buy ONE non-EU player before Serie A.

Currently 6th in Serie B, knocked out of Italian Cup in the Quater-Finals on a 4-3 aggregate.

Archived