Same old trouble with this game

I have no idea why it happens but on every save I start I get the same recurring problem.

I can go 6 games unbeaten then I won't record a win in 10. I'll then win 3 games and then lose the next 6. I'll then go 5 unbeaten and lose the next 8.

It also doesn't help that my squads morale goes from superb to 'okay' after a slim away defeat to the league leaders.

I always get the same problems and don't understand why. Very frustrating! I'm using the latest patch by the way.

It's called aquaplaning & we've known about it for years over in LLM.

Can you explain 'aquaplaning' as that's gone right over my head!

On a side note, what is it with the game awarding own goals just because the keeper got a hand to it? Bizarrre!

If you drive you may well have experienced it.

Basically it is when your tyres contact with the road is broken by a body of water & no matter what steering input you use you have no control over the direction that your car will go in, to translate to FM it refers to a run of wins or losses where it appears that no matter what you do player or tactics wise the result of the next match is inevitable.

If you drive you may well have experienced it.

Basically it is when your tyres contact with the road is broken by a body of water & no matter what steering input you use you have no control over the direction that your car will go in, to translate to FM it refers to a run of wins or losses where it appears that no matter what you do player or tactics wise the result of the next match is inevitable.

Come again? The result of the next match is what? I'm sorry fella but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think that you're not doing something wrong...

just how long do these runs last, typically? See, I'd say 4 or 5 defeats in a row isn't all that bad if the opposition are superior to your team, and I don't think I've ever gone more than that in FM11, or 10, or 9...

I've certainly experienced it whilst driving... and that is scary, especially at speed!

Come again? The result of the next match is what? I'm sorry fella but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think that you're not doing something wrong...

just how long do these runs last, typically? See, I'd say 4 or 5 defeats in a row isn't all that bad if the opposition are superior to your team, and I don't think I've ever gone more than that in FM11, or 10, or 9...

It's called perception & as the saying goes perception is reality, personally I do not buy into it but there a number of times that you will just sit there watching a 6 or 7 match run when everything goes against you which is where the phrase originated from.

It's called perception & as the saying goes perception is reality, personally I do not buy into it but there a number of times that you will just sit there watching a 6 or 7 match run when everything goes against you which is where the phrase originated from.
In a way I can see where you are coming from. But the worst I've had is picking up 1 win in the last 9 but suspensions, injuries and a poor defence meant that I my 3rd placed Tenerife finished 6th. Had to play Barca and Real 2 days apart and lost both badly. Morale was shot and a tired squad couldn't grind a result from anywhere. To some extent you have little control but if you have a fit and healthy squad with even a handful of suspensions then sorting out a slump in form is not the most difficult. Just play to get any sort of result, keeping it tight at the back if possible

Archived