FM12 New feature

So SI have announced that in FM12 we will be able to change the leagues we have loaded throughout our save? If my understanding of that is right, then that’s got to be the biggest step forward in the FM series since the 3D pitch! The reason being that we’ll all have super fast games running no matter what the PC spec is!

Is it right then that we’ll be able to start a new save with just one nation loaded, thus giving you a 4.5 star Computer Performance level, and then when (or if) you fancy a change of club/country, you can load all the leagues, apply everywhere and then once you’ve got a job, untick the rest of the countries and carry on in your new club with super fast gameplay again??

If that is correct then this is an absolutely massive game enhancement !!!!

Awesome!!! :D

Leagues you haven't loaded are rubbish when it comes to realism - even the realism within the game and its limitations.

I can't see how loading less leagues are going to improve anything. The only use I can see it having is that for journeyman gamers to be able to start a new save by loading a bunch of top-leagues only, then add all the leagues of the nation he's playing in at the moment afterwards.

It's an accuracy thing really - if you load and simulate leagues X, Y and Z properly, then inactive leagues A, B and C will have less activity and more importantly less interaction with leagues X, Y and Z. The speed at which it is simulated means that there will be more assumptions and the "catching-up" of leagues A, B and C, once added, will be less accurate than if it were active in the first place.

It's very similar to changing the detail levels really - there's advantages and disadvantages in simulating everything and nothing.

Archived