Football Manager and 13" Macbook Pro

Hi,

I'm used to playing FM on a Windows laptop and normally play the game whilst browsing and doing other things on my computer. On Windows I used to play in windowed mode, but clicked on the 'full screen' button in order to effectively play the game in full screen but go to firefox easily when I wanted to.

I now want to achieve something similar on the Mac, but playing in full screen seems to disable mission control (either by pressing f3, using the hot corner I set up or doing the 3 finger swipe to activate it), on safari there is a button that opens the browser up in it's own space on full screen but is still affected by mission control, there doesn't seem to be a similar thing on FM when it's in windowed mode, but is that something that doable?

The other way I've tried to do it is to set up FM on it's own separate desktop, but the game is just a little too big to fit on the screen properly because the menu bar takes up space at the top that I lose off FM at the bottom.

So in short, what's the easiest way to run FM in as close to full screen as possible while I'm using it and as easy to get it out of the way while I want to do other things?

using snow leopard and hopefully lion.. you can edit info.plist and add the key/value <key>LSUIPresentationMode</key> <integer>4</integer>

this will let fm cover up the toolbar and give you a bit more space.. google LSUIPresentationMode for more info if you'd like

on steam the info.plist file is buried here: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/football manager 2011/fm.app/Contents/Info.plist

Yeah that's what I'm doing at the minute, just the breadcrumbs (is that their name?) off the bottom. I barely use them, so it's more of a minor annoyance than anything else, but it would be nice to fix it.

Sorry, that was in reply to imagine, I'll give that a go brian.

That's worked perfectly, you're some kind of magician.

find fm in applications and then do 'show package contents' - you can edit the info.plist in any text editor

i normally paste the extra key/value at the bottom of the plist file, and keep a copy of the original just in case..

the last few lines of my one look like this:

<key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>

<string>Football Manager 2011 11 . 1 . 1 Copyright © Sports Interactive Ltd 2010</string>

<key>LSUIPresentationMode</key>

<integer>4</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

find fm in applications and then do 'show package contents' - you can edit the info.plist in any text editor

i normally paste the extra key/value at the bottom of the plist file, and keep a copy of the original just in case..

the last few lines of my one look like this:

<key>NSHumanReadableCopyright</key>

<string>Football Manager 2011 11 . 1 . 1 Copyright © Sports Interactive Ltd 2010</string>

<key>LSUIPresentationMode</key>

<integer>4</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Yeah I worked all that out in the end, it's exactly what I wanted. Cheers mate.

Archived