When is Manager Rep updated?

I feel a bit daft for asking this as I should really know, but when does manager rep update?:o

I know that you get gradual, and small, boosts and drops throughout the season depending on performance but is that all? Or is there a final calculation at some point?

I ask because I've gotten a team to the 2nd tier after back to back promotion and we've survived the season. I don't want to stay but I don't want to leave too early if I'm still due an 'update' in my rep. I don't want to leave early and miss out on having my rep increase from established 3rd tier to promising 2nd tier if that's the case.

Your "current rep" increases or decreases all the time, after games, etc.. Your "world rep" also adjusts itself after games, but not usually as much. Having just finished a really good season with a Bulgarian side I was checking all the time for fun and if I remember correctly it wasn't until the season was actually over that the massive boost to world rep happened. Then again I won the league on the very last day, which secured a champ league spot as well. Had that happened earlier I'm not sure that rep would have adjusted immediately or not.

I tend to think not because there is some calculation done at the end of the season no matter what and if I remember right from past games there is some adjustment done at that point.

So I guess that is mostly a guess and not really an answer.

If you've played more than a season you could open saves from previous seasons near the end of the season and test it out. I use Genie Scout to view the rep, but I'm sure FMRTE would work as well. What's nice with Genie Scout is that I can view the staff page without peeking at my player page and taking the fun out of unknown CA/PA's.

There's a really good thread on manager reputation from a few years ago that's worth a read as well. Lemme see if I can find it:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/19596-Mechanics-of-Manager-Reputation

Thanks for the answer, and the link :)

I didn't seem to get much of a boost at the end of the season. I waited for the league reset and fixtures. I think maybe overachieving by getting survival by a few places probably wasn't enough to really make a big difference. Which is fair enough I guess, it's not like I won a competition where I guess there'd have to be a bump.

What is worrying me at the moment is that I left the club and the job offers have been pretty bad. That link is really good, I've just had a glance at it, but I'm struggling to work out why the offers I'm getting are so bad.

I started unproven, won the C2/A title and C2 super cup with Perugia, left them mid table in C1/B. Got Sutton Utd promoted via the playoffs to the BSP, left them midtable there as well. Got Oldham promoted in 2nd place from L2 to L1, and then again in 2nd place from L1 to the Championship, beat the odds and got them to survive relegation the next season by finishing 16th. I won manager of the year for the C2, BSN, L2 and L1. I've also got a fledgling international career going on, though I doubt it makes much difference as I've only played friendlies at this point.

I'm getting rejected for just about everything. The best offer I've been given is L2 Darlington. Whilst I'm not expecting fantastic offers from clubs in nations I've not built up a rep (France, Germany, Spain and Portugal in this save) I was thinking I'd get better offers in England and Italy where I'm known. I'll keep reading the thread and see what I can find :) Maybe I just jumped ship from Oldham too soon.

Pffft, I post that and then Serie B Padova come in for me.

Still, I'm a little confused as to why I got so few decent offers in general. I'm loathe to use FMRTE in this game but I would have thought my rep would have been good enough for a lot of L2/L1, C2/C1 and German Div 3/2 and Spanish Div 2 teams.

In my experience, with that many promotions, you should be + ~4500 or so rep from when you started, not including games won, so maybe +6500 or so?

You can check your general reputation in the manager profile / personal page. I'd imagine you're Continental or even International by this point. Its also possible that there just are no top league jobs open at the moment.

Keep up the internationals too, they are the fastest per-game increase in rep, even in friendlies (provided you do better than expected, which I'm sure you will given your history!).

Ta Smac :)

My rep is national, though at the high end of national.

There were quite a few jobs available in the right sort of 'rep bracket' but it could just have been a tough time to compete job wise. There might have been a lot of managers out there going for the same ones and they pipped me too it. I have a reasonable amount of leagues running so it could be a case of having a lot of competition.

I think the international job might have helped me get the Padova job. I'm with the DR of Congo, and during the time I was domestically unemployed we beat about 6 teams who were higher in the rankings. So quite a few shock results.

Archived