Passing stats

There not right are they? If this has been said before apologies.

I want to see my defenders passing stats, and part of said stats includes headers cleared from goalkicks etc, that go straight to the opposition , they get counted as a misplaced pass, which is obviously unfair. He same goes for goalline clearances , and clearances in general. My defender isn't trying to pick out a pass, just clear his lines.

So this goes against him on his pass percentages and makes it impossible to see the real picture. It also leads to my assistant telling me that he is misplacing a lot of passes to the opposition. On closer inspection, this is not the case, he is making quality clearances under pressure.

It's all well and good having these pass stats, but if it's not possible for the computer to tell the difference between a pass meant for a team mate and a clearance be it headed or otherwise, is it worth these detailed stats being there?

i dont think the stats are quite refined enough yet, they will seem pretty pointless and misleading until they are worked out the same way as the media do it!

I think the amount of stats on offer is fantastic and offer far far more than what the mass media produce in terms of analasis. I think they do need to be able to show what the percentage of passes made by a player is more accurately though.

I think the amount of stats on offer is fantastic and offer far far more than what the mass media produce in terms of analasis. I think they do need to be able to show what the percentage of passes made by a player is more accurately though.

yeah, sorry i didn't elaborate, i ment the passing stats in particular, any media will tell you man utd etc make 500 passes a game for eg, the equivelent in fm 2011 would be about 200 passes a game. they are calculated differently, it would be great if fm 2011 would start using a similar method!!

Archived