What ever happened to SIs staement of clearing out the bugs from FM06 onwards?

I remember a couple of years ago, SI said that they will go back to FM06 and start hunting out all the bugs so that when they get to the current one there will be very few bugs. There hasn't been a statement out since to say how SI are getting on. Any ideas whats happened to this?

Yeh, the new bug management system resulted in fewer (known) bugs being present in FM11 on release than in any previous version, I actually know the numbers for FM11 and I can honestly say it's impressive in comparison with previous versions and also most other similar products I've known the numbers for.

Of course that doesn't include bugs unknown on release and doesn't take any account of the actual severity of any particular bug so it's a bit subjective.

The prioritisation system works pretty well so important known bugs do get bumped as they should.

None if this guarantees perfection for FM12 but the way the system was explained to me it should as they claimed make steady inroads into the backlog of those that have irritated us for years.

Releasing a game with fewer known bugs than previous versions can be viewed in two ways, the bug hunters are doing a great job or they are failing to find enough bugs. If the bug hunters are finding more bugs than previous versions then once again, they are doing a great job or the programming got worse. I would personnally judge the success of this exercise on the number of bugs discovered after release being lower year on year.

Cheers

xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Archived