Potential loophole in the FM loaning system?

I guess this could be listed as a bug, or an exploit, or whatever. It is what it is, I'm just putting this out there for people who may be struggling to loan out their youths for first team roles rather than 'to act as cover'.

Just did a little experiment because I was struggling to find teams willing to take my 22yr old 3rd choice GK on loan for a first team role. He is not a bad keeper, just needs some first team games to take the next step. I only run the spanish leagues at the moment as I want a quicker experience. A host of premier league teams were willing to take my keeper as a backup, so I accepted all the bids and he opted for Fulham. There was no way he would overtake Schwarzer if you make a quick comparison between their attributes. However what I found was interesting...

It appears that if you loan a player out to a non-active league, barring injuries they will virtually play all 'generated' league and cup games despite only having a backup role. This is not dependant on the first team regulars getting injured either.

The result? After holidaying for 1 season...

My 3rd choice GK rotting in the reserves = 110CA after 1 season (no change, development completely stalled)

After 1 season on loan as a 'backup' at Fulham but 'playing' 30+ league/cup games = 119CA, or +9 CA for 1 season. Not bad at all.

This applies for outfiled players as well... I have tested it a few times with a few players.

in general, i always struggle to loan out GK's regardless of their ability...

on one save, i had this fantastic 21 Argentinian GK who had great stats for his age...and even though he was better than my back up GK, i wanted to give him some 1st team experience...but could i loan him to a club...? hell no!

I have Milan Jovanovic loaned out to Panathinaikos (Greece isnt a playable league in my saved game) so i guess I will see how he goes.

Insua is on loan at Galatasaray but that was already happening at the start of the saved game. Will keep an eye on him also

Jovanovic CA = 137 PA = 142 so I can't see him progressing much there.

Insua CA = 126 PA = 146 so he may improve a bit there.

Updates will be posted on these 2 players mid season and then at seasons end

Archived