I think I need some help.

Now, before I start, please don't take this thread the wrong way. There are going to be a few complaints, but please don't dismiss it as an angry rant. I have some legitimate issues here, and I'm not sure how to fix them. Anyways.

Injuries! Holy ****. It appears that all of my (Tottenham) players have suddenly developed intense fatigue, or really weak bodies. Now, I should start by saying I've never had a problem with injuries in my team. I've had a very similar team for 2-3 years, and I've been using the same training schedules since Day One of this save. I made them myself, and should anyone want to look at them, I'll be more than happy to show them to you. At most, I have had three or four players out, and sometimes a key player or two.

Now, onto the good stuff. Moving backwards through my matches, I have seen the following players go off injured.

Team - Injuries.

Blackburn - Starting regen striker.

West Brom - N/A

Man U - Niko Kranjcar.

Boca - N/A

Al-Gharrafa - N/A

West Ham - N/A

Almeira - None from my team, but two from them.

Liverpool - Starting regen RB, Luka Modric.

Liverpool - N/A

Newcastle - N/A

Arsenal - John Obi Mikel

Fulham - Casemiro

Leicester - N/A

Shakhtar - Regen midfielder, one of their players.

Wolves - One of their players.

Man City - Niko Kranjcar, three of theirs. (Eden Hazard, Aly Cissokho, Tevez.)

Almeira - One of their players. (Their world class LB. Has incredible physical stats. Shouldn't be injury prone at all.)

Sunderland - N/A

Millwall - Backup regen striker.

Leeds - Modric

Dinamo Moscow - Romelu Lukaku

Aston Villa - One of theirs.

Chelsea - N/A

PSG - N/A

Stoke - N/A

Blackburn - Gareth Bale, one of theirs.

Man U - One of theirs.

So, as you can see, things started off normal. Until I lost Gareth Bale about 10 minutes into the season, for six weeks. Whatever, it happens. Not much longer, I lost my super sub Lukaku for even longer. Modric was for months. Both times. I'll just stop there, and sum it up for you. That's 26 matches. In 16 of them, a player has been brought off injured. In 11, it was one or more of mine. 9 of those were injuries that kept players out for longer than three weeks. Those ratios just can't be right! To top it all off, I lost Mikel in a pre season friendly for three-four months. This is also without injuries in training. The main ones there were Javier Pastore for a month and a half, and just recently Coentrao for three weeks. If all that doesn't look like much, just consider that at one point I was missing six starting players.

I must be doing something wrong here. The thing is, I can't figure it out. I noticed it was mostly players on my attacking midfielder schedule that were being injured, so I toned it down a bit. After all, none of my CBs have spent any considerable time injured. No keepers. But alas. No luck. I've been regularly resting players in between matches, especially when the schedule is cramped. It doesn't do a thing. It's gotten so bad, I've been expecting to see players go off injured. And the majority of the time, it happens. Now, I know there's the possibility that it's just an extremely unlucky season. I just can't accept that. There must be something I'm messing up here. Is it possible teams are just tackling the living hell out of my team? Why has this just come up now? Few of those players are particularly injury prone, and my coaches/training facilities are just fine.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Also, sorry this was so long. I just wanted to make sure I was presenting the full picture here, and nobody thought I was exaggerating. If you don't want to read all of that, I'm having injury problems, and I need to fix them.

As the great man Robert Coiller would say - "all of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the man who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it.”

you need to take this unfortunate event as a sign, as sign of good things to come, and as you persist, you will finally see a light, beeming so bright that it will put all these missfortunes behind you. Keep going! every manager has his bad luck but when you win your first cup...then, my friend, all of this will be put behind you

As the great man Robert Coiller would say - "all of us have bad luck and good luck. The man who persists through the bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the man who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it.”

you need to take this unfortunate event as a sign, as sign of good things to come, and as you persist, you will finally see a light, beeming so bright that it will put all these missfortunes behind you. Keep going! every manager has his bad luck but when you win your first cup...then, my friend, all of this will be put behind you

wow, slightly over the top but indeed as he said, every team has those unfortunate spaces of time where luck seems to avoid them, indeed I had the unfortunate case of having all 6 of my players who were able to play in the centre of midfield succumb to injury at the same time, depth is key

as the courages and talented base baller, Babe Buth, (one of the first five players elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame and the first to hit over 50 home runs in one season. 1895-1948) said, “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime.” Concentrate on depth my friend, find the winning formula, do not concentrate on having a bunch of individuals because at the end of the day " We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. "

I'm seriously confused as to why you're phrasing your posts like this, but thanks? I suppose? My squad has plenty of depth, but it's still frustrating when I'm getting results that my actual first team could easily have surpassed.

The standard procedure when the AI faces players that are fast, technical and good at dribbling is to tackle them hard "in order to scare them off dribbling". That, combined with poor pitch conditions and the fact that an injury rarely comes alone (i.e pre-programmed injury problems), are the reasons you experience this suddenly in the third season.

Very likely, you are doing nothing wrong. Simply put, there is no "luck" or "bad luck" in this game because it is a computer program. Everything that seems random is not actually random but a result of a specific set of programming that yields a specific set of possible outcomes. At the moment, that outcome is that your club is to have injury problems for a period of time, and there is nothing you can do about it. Therefore, Wonderkid-is-here is right - just pull through it and you'll be fine.

edit: One thing I often do when I am in a spell of "bad luck" is to save the game, then exit and load it again. It may be my mind playing tricks on me, but this somehow seems to change things around. In other words, I believe that the outcome of a specific set of programming changes upon reload.

Archived