[iOS] The transfer system...again

Before I start:

- Yes, I offered players to clubs at 60-70% of their value -- nothing most of the time, but there is the odd offer of double a player's market value

- I have transfer listed, demoted, and offered them out at the same time -- again, no offers

- I've even publicly slammed them while doing all of the above in order to unsettle players just a little more -- same thing: no offers

- I finally offered top quality players, average reserves, and those not fit to wear the shirt out for free to other clubs -- nada

I started a career as Man Utd to muck about and have again noticed something that has bothered me for quite some time: it's still massively difficult to sell players. I started with the February database and immediately offered out players the day I took over at the club, but nobody ever comes in with an offer for any of the players in the three tiers (potential Ballon d'Or candidates, reserves, and rubbish boot cleaners.) I can understand that the more expensive a player and the higher his wages the fewer interested clubs, but surely if I offer out Rooney for free, someone would be willing to take him off my hands? Or even someone earning £30k/week who has no relationship with the club like Rafael or Fabio? It's pretty absurd that I can't even give away players.

Interestingly, there are occasions where I will do everything I can to get rid of a player (average stats, valued at £5m) and a club will come in with a bid of £20m and he'll be on his way. I obviously am not complaining, but it's not very realistic to have a club pay four times market value for a player in his mid to late 20s who isn't going to improve. For instance, I had Bayern Munich come in and pay £21m for Park Ji-Sung! Park isn't a bad player, but he's almost 30 and United initially paid something like £7m for him, so is that appropriate?

Also, why does the value of a player tend to skyrocket to such insane levels throughout the course of a season? In particular, I'd like to look at Darren Fletcher (his stats are oddly high to me, btw) who starts most games valued at somewhere around £8-9m and ends the first season worth about as much as Madrid paid for Benzema.

And finally, I signed Steven Gerrard for United in July of the first season on about £5k/week more than his Liverpool contract. I think that sentence alone says what the issue is ;)

I don't mean to complain, but these just seem like pretty egregious errors within a very important aspect of the game engine.

• SI Staff

If you'd be kind enough for forward on a save game to me via. email (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) with a couple of examples noted I'd be more than happy to look into this for you, the reason a save game will help is simply that there can often be various reasons behind why a player might not be interesting other clubs.

For instance a 5m rated player at Man Utd with a 30k a week contract will probably get less interest from people than a 5m rated player at Stoke with a 15k a week contract, why is this? - firstly players will be more open to leaving a smaller club, secondly the difference in contract means that the player will likely sign for a lesser contractual amount from the second club than from the first (not saying you're not correct and that improvements are requirement - just trying to explain why I like to double check things and fully understand things before wading into the code base, it also helps if I have specific examples so I can trace through the code and see what is occuring and why).

Archived