Can teams pay of loans?

I have just taken over as Man United manager in 2023 and they have no outstanding loans and the Glazers are still in charge. Does this mean they paid them off? I didn't think that by 2023 there debts would be settled. Of course the title should say pay off lol.

actually the club may decide if it has the money,but usually the bank will demand a monthly fee and if it´s a big enough loan you´ll be in the red(no pun intended) in no time and get into a lot of troubles(point reduction) rather quickly(unless it´s SUGAR DADDY TIME)

I have just taken over as Man United manager in 2023 and they have no outstanding loans and the Glazers are still in charge. Does this mean they paid them off? I didn't think that by 2023 there debts would be settled. Of course the title should say pay off lol.

Loan repayments at Man Utd are finished with by febuary 2017, obviously taking into account that no new loans are taken out.

Loan repayments at Man Utd are finished with by febuary 2017, obviously taking into account that no new loans are taken out.

Cheers dude, that explains it. I didn't realise the loans would be paid off so quickly.

Archived