Football Manager 2011 through Steam issue

Hello, I had a look at all the titles and I had no idea where to post this, or even if I can post this. I do apologise if I have posted this in the wrong forum or the wrong topic.

The reason I am hassling everyone on this forum tonight is because I really want to play Football Manager 11 on my PC. the reason I am affected by this is because I no longer have an active internet connection at home due to family fall outs and alternate sleeping arrangements meaning elsewhere, so I have no internet and in order to play Football Manager 2011. I keep being asked to login to my Steam account, but if I have no internet connection how the hell is that possible?

I can't login to my Steam account because I have no internet connection, all I want to do is play my favourite game in single player mode without Steam notifications. I bought Football Manager 2011 last November by retail so I didn't purchase the game through Steam, so I'm pretty sure if I can somehow disable or remove the content from Steam that I can install the game again but this time through the desktop only use. The problem I have here though is that to uninstall Football Manager 2011 from the control panel is not possible because I need to login to my Steam account, so is there any way I can force it to uninstall without having to login to Steam? Or any other approach to get the game working without using Steam?

I found out that I can run the games in offline mode but I need to be on the internet before I can use the feature to put my games into offline mode, but the thing with that is ideally I would prefer to play my games from the desktop without having to use the Steam application at any time until I get a stable internet connection for a period of time so I can access the online features again.

All I want to do is play Football Manager 2011 without any Steam notifications telling me I have to login when I simply can't, as for the offline mode feature I have had numerous problems in the past when I was forced to use this for several weeks when I was younger, because whenever an update arrives on Steam or any game they won't work until you login online so it's useless to me as I could be without internet for a while.

If anyone could please help me it would be much appreciated. I did send a message on the Steam forums earlier but had no reply as of yet per usual. I am currently at a friend's house, this is the reason I am able to send this message through my account. I need a good solution asap.

uninstall steam, install FM2011 and when it asks you how to install it, tell it to install via cd WITHOUT steam

then when you wish to play your FM2011 you will just need to put the cd in the drive all the time, simple

uninstall steam, install FM2011 and when it asks you how to install it, tell it to install via cd WITHOUT steam

then when you wish to play your FM2011 you will just need to put the cd in the drive all the time, simple

I will try this once I get home but won't Steam recognise that I have used the same product key twice? Therefore disabling my Steam account from further use in the future? I wouldn't want that as I have loads of games on my account most being bought through Steam, but being without internet for a while is frustrating when I couldn't even play on the game I enjoy so much.

Archived