Cannot be regeistered for next match

Just finishing my pre-season and getting my signings for my new look squad prior to my first Premiership game. I needed to sign a attacking midfielder but have not got enough transfer money to afford the fee and the wages (only 5mill left) for a decent player. I decided to look at out of contract players most of them are saying cannot be registered for the next match and I wondered why espicially as when I only registered 24 players out of 25 in my Premiership squad so that I can sign my misssing man.

Any ideas why this would be the case or is it an error, dont want to sing someone and then cant play him

Your probably missing one player from your home-grown quota so you can only register 24 players.

You have mis understood me. I have delibrately only registered 24 players and want to sign an out of contract player to make up my squad. I have just finished my pre-season and am about a week off from starting my first Premiership game.

I go to search for players to sign who are out of contract and they say on there profile uner availability 'cannot be registered for next match'.

Why is this happening when it is the beginning of the season and it hasnt kicked off yet.

Archived