Adding everything up since cm4

Was wondering, how many new things have they added to the game since CM4.

do people think theres a lack of improvment, are they slow at upgrading, taking there time on things.

Or do people think they've done a great job improving the game.

i wanted to know peoples views.

For me i love the game, but i reckon they could of step it up alot more, but i thought they see it as, the competion they was up agaist was not a great deal, LMA, CM, FIFA, PREMIER MANAGER......theirs no competion really, so i think SI have sat back abit.

But thats my view.

I think there has been a great deal of refinement and added features since CM4.

There are two main things that stop a complete re-invention of the game in my opinion:

1. The Game is already great

Sure there are some annoyances here and there and a few "obvious" features that could be added but if SI were to completely overhaul the game they run the risk of alienating the existing fans.

2. The game is based on "real life"

The game only has a limited number of directions it can go. Without adding unwanted "gimmicks" (Chairman Manager 2012, Physio Mode, Player/Manager) all SI can really do is refine what is already there.

As already pointed out in other similar topics:

It's not a matter of "changing direction" or gimmicking it up with redundant or unnecessary features...

It's a matter of maybe being time to revise the whole game engine/code if the current one has apparently hit its natual plateau... SI themselves admitted there are known issues they can't really fix without recoding the game, so all they can do is tweaking and tinkering with other related features... but then again, it's the proverbial blanket being too short... you pull it over your head, your feet are exposed...

So it's just a matter of time before a "reboot" is needed... possibly BEFORE the game gets so messy and "overtweaked" it gets totally unenjoyable...

Or so bloated it'll eat up too many resources due to uneconomical coding.

Archived