Another New Laptop Thread

Hi,

I remember searching through some old threads asking about suitable laptops for FM2011 but maybe there has been a forum cleanup as I can't seem to find them using the search function anymore.

My computer has virtually died and could just about handle the 3d match engine in FM2010 (had to run one playable league) so its definitely time to upgrade, would prefer a laptop over a desktop. I noticed Curry's have a sale on and I have found this which looks decent enough but I don't know too much about graphics cards or how different manufacturers compete when it comes to problems with overheating when using them for long periods of time. Also is a 2.3GHz processor enough? I think my old dinosaur PC was around that.

Has anyone else recently bought a laptop for FM11 which they'd recommend? I have a budget of up to £500 I think.

Thanks

I have an Intel Core Duo Processor 2GHz so that processor is an upgrade on mine- my FM 2011 save can run 27000 players with a large database which is good enough for me. I havent tried it with more so I couldnt say any more than that but the processor mentioned will be faster than mine. I'm not certain about the graphics card you might have to look into that yourself but my RAM was 3GB and it ran quite smoothly- that laptop has 4GB so should be useful.

I myself am looking for another laptop but that would be to run many many more leagues and play games like Shogun 2- that laptop to me looks like a decent package. Be careful though as Currys and PC world are one and the same thing- I'd shop around for the best deal possible.

Archived