Increase scouting knowledge of region

I have a problem where my scouting knowledge of South America never seems to go up, no matter how many scouts I assign to scout the region. Initially I just had 1 scout there. Then I noticed that the scouting knowledge only says very good. So I assigned another scout. Then another one. This was over the course of several seasons. But my knowledge of South America is still just very good, no improvement at all. With other regions, even with just 1 scout the scouting knowledge will improve gradually. But I haven't been able to improve South America.

So how do I need to do this? I have a lot of scouts that apparently have good knowledge of Brazil and Argentina. But it's not helping the overall region knowledge. Do I need to manually send the scout to individual countries in the region?

I would imagine so. Brazil and Argentina tend to take a relatively long time to scout, so one scout assigned to South America can spend almost a whole year scouting those two countries and neglecting the others. And, by the time he's finished one of those countries, his knowledge of the other has declined again!

I would suggest manually assigning one scout Brazil, followed by Colombia, Peru, Venezuela and Ecuador. Assign another Argentina, then perhaps Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Bolivia. That should give you a pretty extensive knowledge. I wouldn't bother Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana personally - unless your database is absolutely vast the chances of finding good players there must be pretty low.

Having said all that, 'very good' scouting knowledge is still, um, very good... no?

Archived